I ordered iolo System Mechanics from iolo's secure website for ZAR 387.91.A discount of 50% was indicated without any conditions attached.
However, an amount of ZAR 621.27 was deducted from my credit card account. I immediately send a complaint (with screendumps and invoice attached as proof) to Avangate (who referred me to iolo) and iolo. In response, I received an e-mail from iolo with a case number and request to substitute my claim (which I already did in the first e-mail). I submitted everything again and received the same response, which looks like the personal template of the operator for all such cases.
In the next e-mail they requested a telephone number and appropriate time to contact me (living in a timezone at least 7 hours ahead of the US).It all seems to be an attempt to frustrate and delay.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Confusion and dubious practice
- Overcharging credit card account
- Poor unprofessional service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Iolo System Mechanic
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Those guys behind (AtomPark) were legit in the past, but now they become scammers and started to rip off customers as well as affiliates. I was promoting their products from..."
- "Highster Mobile Promised Lifetime Access. Granted a perpetual license. "No Hidden Cost" and "No Monthly Fee." All for the price of $69.99. After several months of..."
- "Buyer Beware!! You will have to root your phone to use 80% of the features. In order to use any social media tracking, email or browser history the phone must..."
- "I hired Chuck Messina for a divorce. It was a nightmare. He dragged my case forever by creating false problems and giving me false hope. Charles Messina ended up making..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "I got bad service from Ms Sheri Cohen at a company called Corporate Image in Cape Town South Africa. The service was poor and she was rude and not helpful...."
- "I purchased a pair of jeans 3 months ago and as of today they are useless to me. At first the belt loop broke and now they tore at the..."
- "I've been insured twice with Aetna International while working abroad. While the website has evolved somewhat over time, the claims process remains absolutely abysmal. On the positive side, the coverage was..."