Resolved
3.0
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Dec 28, 2018

by sending me links to programs which cleared the previous installation fully and then reinstalled the new product

Update by user Dec 28, 2018

This problem is now fully resolved because of the speedy intervention by my respondant - the social media man (see his email below)

Original review posted by user Nov 28, 2018

Have run System Mechanic happily for a couple of years, bought time extensions. Then I bought the black friday upgrade, installed Pheonix360.

IT WILL NOT RUN. I have tried everything I can think of and I am an experienced IT man. I tried contacting Iolo Support, opening a support ticket and have not heard a word after nearly a week. This is appalling.

No way am I going to hang on a phone call to the US from England at my expense after all the money I have already spent on this company. There is no clue on the support website that can help you get round this problem except to uninstall the older System Mechanic and try again.. I did this with no useful result, same problem except that now I don't have System Mechanic either!

I have never had such a bad experience with a software company. Where can I complain to now?

Product or Service Mentioned: Iolo Technologies Phoenix 360 Optimization Software.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Old system mechanic seemed to do a decent job.

I didn't like: Pheonix 360 simply doesnt work at all and i have lost my time.

Comments

#1619336

same same - across the board

It appears the company is a CON JOB! I've purchased three (3) copies in last few weeks.

NONE install... BUT the company has posted a work-around IF THE PRODUCT DOESN'T INSTALL...

The customer can get help from Iolo ONE TIME ONLY for installation at an additional cost of $14.95. Perhaps some state attorney general office (consumer fraud) might want to look at this seemingly electronic robbery!!!

Socialmedia.iolo.com

As the Community Manager for iolo I can help get you some Support if you email me at support.socialmedia@iolo.com from the email address you used at purchase. I'll send directly to the CS manager so someone can reach out and help.

The email address allows us to look up your licensing info as well as contact you directly.

Please reference your screen name "SophisticatedElk" so I know the email is attached to these details. Thanks!

to Socialmedia.iolo.com #1618271

The community manager dealt with my problem very promptly and efficiently so many thanks to him. All is resolved now. But seems a pity that normal support didn't deal with the issue and it was necessary to make a public complaint before anybody acted

to Socialmedia.iolo.com #1619339

Is that offer for help still available? Because I'm about to open a fraud complaint with my credit card.

to Joseph #1619584