2.4
Privacy and Data Security
Usability

I install version 18 and there is no way to not install system shield. It is turned on snooze but now windows action icon shows a red X now.

This makes me very upset that it has done this. Before you had the option to not install antivirus or firewall. I have tried to contact them thru email but have had no such luck. Come on system mechanic pro, you can do better than this.

I have used you for more than 10 years. Make a new update to give use these options. I liked the old versions better!!!!!!

I don't like you firewall or antivirus and system shield. You are not good enough in the digital world!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Iolo Technologies Anti-malware Software.

Reason of review: can not install each item wanted.

Comments

Having the same problem!! Get it to gather Iolo.

Even by choosing not to install system shield it still installs and within a day runs on it's own even with all options disabled. I've gone back to version 17 and all is fine again. Iolo have obviously fcuked up on version 18, either that or they did it on purpose.

Same here I purposely do not install system shield but so far it has reinstalled itself 3 times since the update to v18. WTF Iolo get this sh1t off my pc!

I had the same problem.I could disable the monitoring.I have Norton Security and Malwarebytes installed. The program even alertrd me as to the fact not to have 2 AV programs installed.

My computer seemed slow one day and noticed that a program was installed(AVSDK5) which is the iolo AV. I un-installed and lo and behold it came back. I removed version 18 and put back on ver 17.

This is a good program with *** technical support. I am very happy with version 17.5.1.43