2.0
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Jan 15

After over 3 months of dealing with customer service people that could care less about their customers. Regardless of what e-mail I was using for certain products everything I had should have been listed under 1 file/subscription because my activation key was the same for both e-mails.

Here is what I finally got after the customer service SUPERVISOR got involved. Bob, In reviewing our order system it luckily took me less than a minute to identify you in our system so I am unsure who you had primarily contacted by phone. I can see your purchase history with us as well as different email addresses you have used at both excite and hotmail. In further review, I see your System Mechanic Ultimate is under the excite.com email address while you have a Privacy Guardian (Freemium) version under hotmail.com.

I have included your System Mechanic Ultimate key below but remember to please use the System Mechanic Ultimate key for both products.

When using System Mechanic Ultimate, that key should be used on both Ultimate as well as Privacy Guardian. That is how the activation process for that pair of software works.

Update by user Dec 26, 2018

I got an email from support.socialmedia@iolo.com that readHi Bob, I think you must be referring to iPS, which is not related to iolo product Support – it is a paid service for a broad range of Windows and PC hardware/software help. As I said, we do not charge customers for iolo product Support.

So I’m forwarding this to our CS manager, who can look you up by email and determine just what service you are paying for. I want to make sure you are not dealing with a fraudulent entity posing as us.I called IOLO's number and they DO charge for their pro hotline.I also got an email from IOLO's service desk that readWe apologize that you are experiencing an issue with an iolo product and will try to assist you in resolving it any way possible. Could you please elaborate on what you are experiencing along with the exact text of any error dialogs that you are receiving? This will assist us in diagnosing the issue.Warm regards,Remi Tiolo Customer Care Service Desk | iolo technologies, LLC | www.iolo.com150 S.

Los Robles Ave Suite 500 | Pasadena, CA 91101 | Main: 626-320-1800 Makers of System Mechanic®, the #1 Best-selling PC Tune-up Software | Stay Tuned™ So I called them after looking up my account. I actually paid for IOLO customer support more times than I thought, $199 for about 8 or 9 times. Stupid me!!Anyway while talking to them they said I only had 1 computer registered for System Mechanics Ultimate with Privacy Guardian. They asked me for the activation key for the other computer.

I told them I didn't have one anymore because I did a clean install of Windows 7 on it. I did the clean install because IOLO had that computer so messed up after working on it that it wouldn't even function anymore. They said they couldn't tell me anything new unless I had the key. I asked them about their book keeping.

If I had 2 computer registered for System Mechanics Ultimate with Privacy Guardian they should have a record of it regardless if the program is on a computer or not. Horrible excuse or bad book keeping? I know I had 2 because I had seen it with my own eyes and used it with my own fingers.

So instead of arguing for another couple of hours, I just decided to hang up the phone. I'M STILL CONVINCED IT IS A SCAM OR THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO PROTECT THEIR OWN PRODUCT!!

Original review posted by user Dec 16, 2018

I've had System Mechanics since it was System Mechanics 6. Then around System Mechanics 12 or so they came out with System Mechanics Pro Ultimate.

They talked me in to the new product along with a service contract which is expensive. I never had any problems with the basic System Mechanics, but I sure did with System Mechanics Pro Ultimate with Privacy Guardian. Keep in mind that support with the basic System Mechanics is free. The other isn't.

The technical support that you pay for does not communicate with the free technical support. My e-mail changed about 10 years ago so my old System Mechanics had my old e-mail and my new System Mechanics Pro Ultimate with Privacy Guardian had my new e-mail. I had the new product on 2 of my Windows 7 computers. One of them wouldn't update right so I called the pro hotline and they wouldn't help me because my expensive service contract ran out and turned me over to the free support hotline.

Because they had my old e-mail they had no record of me currently having any of their products. So I am screwed. No more IOLO!! I have a contract on both of my computers for System Mechanics Pro Ultimate with Privacy Guardian thru mid 2021.

Now I can't use it on my one computer.

I'm guessing I'm out at least $200. Stick with the basic System Mechanics because the System Mechanics Pro Ultimate with Privacy Guardian is a SCAM!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Iolo Technologies Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service, Would hang up the phone on you, Could not understand them probably in foreign country, Would pressure you to buy service contract, Pheonix 360 simply doesnt work at all and i have lost my time.

Comments

Socialmedia.iolo.com

Hi, please see my response below to your duplicate post. We do not offer a service troubleshooting contract for iolo products.

I'd like to look into this for you.

My email address is below. Thanks!