2.7
Privacy and Data Security
Style and Design
Usability

My System Mechanic license is good until 2022 I thought I was upgrading to the Phoenix 360 product since it was first advertised - I responded to customer service saying I was glad they were now going to provide features that I had been requesting for sometime..........and I remembered a grandfathering conversation with customer service that went unanswered. As I saw the price was rising from $9.99 to $29 in November 2017 I bought it - well the purchase did not go through.

I contacted customer service - the guy there was no help - I was going through my emails and correspondences with the company while I waited for the supervisor.......supervisor said he would send a link to re- purchase yep - loyalty matters NOT..at the $29.99 price - well really I wanted the features. No link. Multiple emails to iolo and they simply closed the service ticket without responding to me.

So now I sit with their system mechanic - an orphan with service paid for another 4 years. Just call me what I am - s u c k e r.............

Review about: Iolo Technologies Customer Care.

Preferred solution: I wanted Phoenix 360 but the reviews I have read here .... I am doubtful.

I liked: Supporting a developing company since 2012.

I didn't like: Poor unprofessional service, Support, Inability to communicate with iolo.

Comments

I have been burned by System Mechanic, and STUNNED by bad customer service. I have used SM-Pro for years and liked the program.

Five months after renew the program simply quit loading. I followed procedure and uninstalled everything SM and its parent directory, and did a fresh download and install. No change, would not load. I repeated this THREE MORE times to no avail.

I emailed SM customer service explaining my efforts; after two weeks without reply I emailed and demanded a refund. TWO MORE weeks passed before I got any response, instructing me to do what I had already done.

I asked if the NEW download was different. NO ANSWER AFTER TWO MONTHS.

Had the very same experience. What's wrong with Iolo.

Avantgate is horrible to deal with. I was told "I don't have an answer".

This is a followup - 2-3 weeks later, I received an email from iolo resolving the matter. While upfront customer service is impotent, apparently the management DID get the memo and DID resolve the issue. Thanks iolo!